These are some suggested links for genealogical research in their respective areas. Please report any issues, or make additional suggestions, by using the "contact me" option on the menu or email this website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ancestry.com - A good general source. Most areas require a paid subscription, although there are some free sources.
- BillionGraves.com - User contributed database collection for various cemeteries around the world.
- EllisIsland.org - Transcribed records of manifests for immigrants, passengers, and crew members that came through Ellis Island and the Port of New York.
- FamilySearch.org - A good general source. Maintained by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some functions require a free registered account.
- FindAGrave.com - User contributed database collection for various cemeteries around the world.
- Cardiff Mariners - Database containing ships and sailors registered to the port of Cardiff in Wales. Includes links to other mariner sites.
- Maritime History Archive - Repository of British and Canadian maritime holdings at the Memorial University of Newfoundland in Canada.
- Swansea Mariners - Database containing ships and sailors registered to the port of Swansea in Wales. Includes links to other mariner sites.
- Welsh Mariners - Database and hisorical files related to Welsh sailors. Includes links to other mariner sites.
- Blackburn Family Association - Database collection for the descendants of John Blackburn, Sr.
- Harlan Family In America - Database collection primarily focused on the descendants of George or Michael Harland who emigrated from England and Ireland or from Thomas Harland who remained in Ireland.
- The Mason & Dixon Line Preservation Partnership - Website for information on the Mason & Dixon Line. Contains numerous photos and documents, including a copy of the journal published by the American Philosophical Society, Philadelphia. Of historical significance to descendants of the Harland family and their role in the surveying of the Pennsylvania and Maryland boundary.
- Danish State Archives - The official website for the Danish State Archives, including census and genealogical records.
- Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru - Website for the National Library of Wales. Provides information for research as well as some historic searchable online content, such as newspapers, wills, journals, etc.
- National Archives of Scotland - The official website for the National Archives of Scotland.
- Scotlands People - State supported historical records for birth, marriage, death, wills and census. Most areas require a fee to view detail.
- U.S. Library of Congress - Website for the U.S. Library of Congress.
- U.S. National Archives - Website for the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
- Cook County Historical Records - Historical birth, marriage and death records for Cook County, Illinois. Search is free - download requires a fee.
- Illinois State Archives - Various historical archives for the state of Illinois.
- Hammond Public Library - The local/family history section contains local information, select biographies and indexes to obituaries from the Times for most years between 1939 and 2014.
- Lake County Public Library - The genealogy section contains some local information, but includes a link to search the obituary indexes from the Post Tribune for most years since 1921.
- Akron-Summit County Public Library - There are several historical and genealogy sections available. A direct link to the Special Collections is shown below.
- Akron-Summit County Public Library: Special Collections - Direct link to the Special Collections at the Akron-Summit County Public Library. Includes indexes for the Akron Beacon Journal and select city directories between 1859 and 1969.
- Cleveland Necrology File - Historical collection of local cemetery records and newspaper death notices gathered by the staff of the Cleveland Public Library.
- Cleveland Public Library - Official website for the Cleveland Public Library. Some features require a library card.
- Cuyahoga County Probate Court - Official court records, including marriage and divorce. Historical records now combined in regular search.
- Geauga County Public Library - Genealogy section has additional links, local sources and some obituary notices available online.
- Massillon Public Library - Genealogy section has additional links, local sources and some obituary notices available online.
- Ohio Obituary Index - Obituaries, death & marriage notices & other sources from Ohio from the 1810s to the present day. Actual obits may be ordered from over 60 partner libraries.
- Stark County District Library - Genealogy section has additional links, local sources and some obituary notices available online.
- Stark County Probate Court - Official court records, including marriage and divorce.
- Pennsylvania State Archives - Official website for historical records for the state of Pennsylvania. Contains useful links, record locations and some online content.
- Pennsylvania State Archives: RG-19 - Direct link to the Pennsylvania State Archives RG-19 section - Records of the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- West Virginia Division of Culture and History - Website for the West Virginia Division of Culture and History.
- West Virginia State Archives: VRR Project - Direct link to the West Virginia Vital Research Records Project. Contains historical birth, marriage and death records.